Author Topic: Trying to find old KOTOR members from early SWG  (Read 19396 times)

Kelvin

• Kotor Member
Trying to find old KOTOR members from early SWG
« on: May 05, 2010, 09:13:08 PM »
Hi, I recently discovered the SWG reconnect thread in the TOR board, and I'm trying to see if I can track down the group of people I was playing with back then. I didn't play that long, but some of my best MMO memories was from playing SWG with KOTOR.  I'm hoping to have some luck here, because the name Arkady sounds really familiar to me. I apologize ahead of time for my shoddy memory, it feels like its been 10 years since I played SWG. I might need a memory jogging here and there. My player info is below, so let me know if any of that sounds familiar. Thanks!

Name: Li Hwang
Profession: Tailor
Guild: KOTOR
Base: Naboo?
Time: Pre-CU, NGE and all that

I played in beta and into the game for about 4 months with KOTOR. I remember we had set up a guild hall and pretty much a guild owned city on Naboo near some forest with some dangerous mobs. We also had enough of the crafting professions that we had set up a virtual manufacturing empire to gather resources and crank out stuff for the crafters to grind with.

I also remember being the guild tailor at the time, and since armor was so bad at the time, everyone was wearing normal clothing, so I was concerned with getting to the top of the tailor profession to get good clothing to the guild. Plus the store we had set up to sell to everyone else.

I also remember we somehow discovered the combination of clothes that led to Mortal Kombat ninja lookalikes, so we had guildies running around looking like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Smoke.

Grimrod

• Kotor Officer
    • Lemon Computers
Re: Trying to find old KOTOR members from early SWG
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:06:15 PM »
That was before I joined but I know what you are talking about.

Arkady

• SW:TOR Officer
  • Kotor Officer
  • Official KOTOR Asshole
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:14:47 PM »
sounds like us. i remember in beta we set up a guild hall just outside kaadara next to PAX's guildhall and for launch i remember we ended up working out of kaadara and had our first taste of PVP from those suicide droid guys (can't remember the name specifically)

but yeah, you're in the right place
SWTOR Forum: MrKaizer
XBOX Live: MoonMasterShake

Grimrod

• Kotor Officer
    • Lemon Computers
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »
sounds like us. i remember in beta we set up a guild hall just outside kaadara next to PAX's guildhall and for launch i remember we ended up working out of kaadara and had our first taste of PVP from those suicide droid guys (can't remember the name specifically)

but yeah, you're in the right place

I think that was DT, Droid Terrorists.

Kelvin

• Kotor Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
Oh yah, I remember DT, there was also the PAX Imperius guild that we were competing against half the time, because they were the other big guild on Scylla. So anyways, my goal in doing this was to find out if you guys had plans to play TOR when it comes out. If so, do you guys have any tentative plans for the game?

Durik

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 10:36:56 PM »
Li Hwang! i remember you and the MK suits, I bought an Ermac one before joining kotor, wow man that name goes back.

Kelvin

• Kotor Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 08:51:04 AM »
Wow, I completely forgot about the Ermac one lol. Probably because I only ever made one of those. We spent so much time designing that particular one. Good to see you man! How's it going?

Branamar Boh

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 09:52:45 PM »
You'll hear an echo or two from old KOTOR.....

Haydee

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 05:34:24 PM »
Lol DT... I remember one time in the very early days Gamzek got ahold of their guildmails somehow.  Knowing him he probably had an alt in the guild because they made him laugh.  They had some of the most retarded pvp strategy imaginable.  The guild mails they sent out were like 'we have newly discovered that with doctor buffs we are much stronger in combat, so it is a good idea to grind up doctor skills on all your character to buff yourselves.  Everyone must have as many probots as possible, if each fighter calls two of them a group of 5 is as strong as a group of 15!' while my guild had already been stocking up on buffs (which we bought from Dencur who I believe was in kotor at the time, maybe gub) for over a month and had a dedicated guild buffbot... and generally killed probots in one shot with area attacks... wow noob pvp was so fun.  Oh yeah their guildmail also explained armor and slicing as though they were new discoveries and recommended no one use spice because it always got them wiped out when everyone hit the down.  Lol obviously I was not in KOTOR back then, but it's nice to see some people still remember the old old days on scylla.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack."

WildAce

• Rinzler
  • Kotor Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »
before my time in KOTOR, id say within the first 4 months of SWG's release i was in AEM (Alderaan's Elite Militia) i didnt join KOTOR until after i had gotten bored with the game and left and then came back again looking for a good group of rebels to join. no idea when that was really lol but i think i main was Cylas Apia when i joined KOTOR, primarly a space pilot at the time.

suprised i could still login here to be honest i havnt been around in a few years. lol

but im getting excited to play SWTOR.

everyone feel free to friend me the SWTOR forums, username is wildace

Xfire: WildAce - Steam: WildAce001

Rayth

• Kotor Officer
  • Whore of da loot!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 05:46:31 PM »
Petty sure Li made me my first pair of Hawt Pants.....WOOT!!
How ya doing WildAce...

WildAce

• Rinzler
  • Kotor Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »

How ya doing WildAce...

pretty good a little impatient to get my hands on TOR lol

Xfire: WildAce - Steam: WildAce001

Kelvin

• Kotor Member
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 08:19:11 PM »
Yup me too, counting down the days till TOR comes out, and try this whole Star wars MMO thing again...

Though this time, I have more faith, its not SOE (thank goodness).

Horox

• Kotor Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
Hey biatchs, its Horox/Sien for whoever remembers me.  Ill be playing TOR for sure and yea I remember all of you, even the ones who only played for a few weeks :D

roeco nemotep

• Administrator
  • This is my rifle, this is my gun.....
    • KOTOR
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 02:50:06 PM »
you lie!
Roeco Nemotep
High Councilman

<---reserves the right to ban anyone at any time....*glares*
Bringing the K and cantina to you!