Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 8725 times)

Arkady

• SW:TOR Officer
  • Kotor Officer
  • Official KOTOR Asshole
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 06:40:32 AM »
From IGN:

Earlier today we learned about Mass Effect 3's new cooperative multiplayer, and BioWare has now provided the first details.

In a new post on the BioWare forums, community coordinator Chris Priestly described what players can expect from the new mode.

According to Priestly, "players can choose from a variety of classes and races, form an elite Special Forces squad, and combine their weapons, powers and abilities to devastating effect as they fight together to liberate key territories from enemy control."

Priestly also revealed that co-op missions will affect the single player campaign, having a "direct impact" and "giving players an alternative method of achieving ultimate victory."

Our early reactions to Mass Effect 3's co-op mode.

This "alternative method" appears to be called "Mass Effect 3: Galaxy At War," a new system that will allow gamers to alter a Galactic Readiness level that gauges the player's level of preparation for the game's final battle.

Priestly wrote that "players can impact their game's Galactic Readiness level in multiple ways via the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, including multiplayer. Other platforms and interfaces will be announced in the coming months."

Most importantly, Priestly added that these cooperative modes will be completely optional, and that the full experience is still available in single-player mode.

"It is important to note that the system is entirely optional and just another way players can have control over your game experience," Priestly wrote. "It is still possible to achieve the optimal, complete ending of the game in Mass Effect 3 through single-player alone."

More Mass Effect 3 Videos

Priestly confirmed that the game's multiplayer will be limited to cooperative play and will not include competitive multiplayer. He added that the co-op modes were developed by a team that was completely separate from those who developed the single-player campaign.

Finally, it was revealed that co-op will not feature existing characters, and that instead "players will create custom characters to fight on different and unique fronts in the war. This will include the ability to play as favorites like Turians, Krogans, Asari and more…each with their own unique set of abilities." These characters will level up and be able to upgrade weapons during the course of co-op play.

Mass Effect 3 is set to hit stores on March 6, 2012. For our full thoughts on the introduction of cooperative multiplayer, check out our multiplayer reactions from earlier today.

doesn't sound so bad imo
SWTOR Forum: MrKaizer
XBOX Live: MoonMasterShake

Jhen

• Kotor Member
  • formerly Boushh
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 08:46:09 AM »
Is it just me or does Multiplayer in a lot of games seem a bit "forced" these days?

aka Boushh (SWG) / vi3tmix (BF3/Steam) / Kashim (Sniper)

Meh

• Kotor Officer
  • Former High Councilman
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 07:16:18 PM »
Demo available in January.  Will feature sections of both single player and the multiplayer.  After seeing the video and concept work for multiplayer, I'm actually looking forward to it.  Non-competitive was the way to go, but probably will die out quickly.  The way they have it, the co-op fights you engage in will have some sort of effect in the war in your single playthrough.  Have to see.
XBOX Live:  ProjektHumanoid
SWG (retired) - Mehji, Sikoh, Dokken, & Gheeto

Arkady

• Kotor Officer
  • Official KOTOR Asshole
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 10:03:17 AM »
So apparently Microsoft leaked a private beta of ME3 onto Xbox Live and random gamers were able to download it. Check out the videos and screenshots they pulled from it here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451016

Arkady

• Kotor Officer
  • Official KOTOR Asshole
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »
Take Earth Back (or w/e): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heEqAwQ5phI

eh, not bad but i expected it to be longer of a trailer since they showed a "teaser" for it. ME2's launch trailer is still the best imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjOEmHEd2XM&ob=av3e

Kelvin

• Kotor Member
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
Maybe, we'll see a nice dramatic trailer closer to release. I'm sure EA is on top of the cliche movie trailer thing for ME3. I mean its the biggest release they have this year, right?

Arkady

• Kotor Officer
  • Official KOTOR Asshole
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »
Maybe, we'll see a nice dramatic trailer closer to release. I'm sure EA is on top of the cliche movie trailer thing for ME3. I mean its the biggest release they have this year, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2W3mif0z-Q

Cooraan

• Kotor Member
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 04:57:17 PM »
I'm debating about buying this since they pulled the day 1 DLC crap.

$10 for a pretty important character that should have very well been put in the game is insane. 

Jhen

• Kotor Member
  • formerly Boushh
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
eh, not bad but i expected it to be longer of a trailer since they showed a "teaser" for it. ME2's launch trailer is still the best imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjOEmHEd2XM&ob=av3e

That is probably one of my favorite game trailers for any game...

aka Boushh (SWG) / vi3tmix (BF3/Steam) / Kashim (Sniper)

Cooraan

• Kotor Member
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 09:44:58 PM »
This is how I felt about the ending.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:30:30 PM by Cooraan »

Arkady

• Kotor Officer
  • Official KOTOR Asshole
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 04:15:45 PM »
alright so i just arrived on Thessia so i think im near the end, so cooraan ill let you know when i beat it so we can talk about it lol.

anyways, im enjoying the game so far. the teammate AI is still terrible (and seems worse than before), so that shits frustrating.. can't imagine how Insanity will be with having two retarded teammates. the story so far is nice, but it all seems too convenient and still has alot of questions to answer. i also don't think it'd nearly have the same impact if you havent played ME1/ME2 and your crew (all of them) didn't survive. the best parts, imo, included them. unfortunately several of them got the shaft on how much "screen time" they get, especially miranda.

with everything im hearing about the ending, im a little nervous. if anything maybe ill like it a little more since my expectations will be less. also keep seeing articles about future DLC, which i dunno.. i wish they took more time for ME3 and included it all.

Meh

• Kotor Officer
  • Former High Councilman
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
Beat it last night.  I agree with Cooraan, sadly.  The team AI is retarded as you put it.  There's a point on the Return to Earth mission that will make you scream at the tv because they are of little help.  I used many obscenities.  Insanity is going to be a bitch.
XBOX Live:  ProjektHumanoid
SWG (retired) - Mehji, Sikoh, Dokken, & Gheeto

Cooraan

• Kotor Member
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2012, 08:46:09 PM »
Beat it last night.  I agree with Cooraan, sadly.

Me, and tens of thousands of other fans sadly.

Arkady

• Kotor Officer
  • Official KOTOR Asshole
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2012, 04:14:54 PM »
currently on Horizon so ill probably finish the game tonight. getting a little annoyed with BioWare's response of the ending being "we'll have single-player DLC" (to fix it)

of course that DLC will be $10 each

Cooraan

• Kotor Member
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 04:26:46 PM »
Bioware has dug themselves such a massive hole over the past two weeks, it's embarrassing.