Author Topic: For my entertainment. KOTOR Memories  (Read 2344 times)

Timone

• Administrator
  • Flick Your Bic!!!!!!
For my entertainment. KOTOR Memories
« on: June 06, 2011, 09:42:35 AM »
Yeah so I'm stuck out in the middle of no where Alaska right now and have limited access to the internet.  So here's what I'm asking for, just so I have something interesting to read. 

What are some of your favorite memories with KOTOR?  Was it an instance run with the guild, or maybe some PvP action?  These are some of the things that keep us together.  I don't have much time atm, but I will reply with mine here shortly.  Thanks Knights!
Timmy
Misophia - BH Merc; Timone - Maruader
Miso - SI; Miya - Jugg, Miyya - Op

Timone

• Administrator
  • Flick Your Bic!!!!!!
Re: For my entertainment. KOTOR Memories
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:15 AM »
Ok so here are just a few of my favorite memories.  I played the game at launch for a few months before being deployed and didn't play again until after the NGE.

1.  Recieving my KOTOR tag.
     A lonely lvl 17 Jedi running around Mos Eisley, and all the sudden another toon passes me with a KOTOR tag.  I thought, nice, Knights of the Old Republic guild.  So I send them a tell asking about the guild.  Low and behold it's Haydee.  She sends me to the website, brings me to Dant, and talks to me for maybe 5 minutes.  Next thing you know I'm guilded!  Happy as ever, everyone telling me welcome in guild chat.  I actually felt that I belonged to something right then.

2.First Kryat Hunt
     Yep I was a part of something alright.  A couple of days after being brought into the guild people wanted Kryat Pearls.  I don't remember whom was actually setting this up but they wanted more people.  I knew I was too low of level but I asked if I could help anyway.  Sure enough I was brought on board for what was soon to be several blood smears across the North Eastern tat desert.  All these maxed out toons, and a couple that were close, then me a lvl 17 -18ish piece of bait walking, well running around.  I think they let me come just so they could watch me run like crazy trying to outrun a dragon that just had to look at me wrong to kill me.  I did provide a purpose for those that were involved; 1. I gave them a second to have to Kryat chasing me, and 2.  I gave the medics a chance to really work on healing.  Everyone had a good laugh, and a couple even got some decent pearls.

3.  Mustafar
     I don't know how many nights I would log in after getting off work and it would only take a minute for something to be going on around mustafar.  From Sher Kar runs, to DF runs, to simple helping with quests, and that damn Bettle cave.  We would all meet up on the base, and usually I'd watch Johnny running around like a K-9 on crack until everyone arrived.  Then we were off to get something done.  It seems like if my instance timer was up then I was off with KOTOR doing that instance again.  Some nights we would wipe, others it was like nothing could go wrong.  My wife would ask how long I'd be on for.  I would tell her that we were running the next instance and that we had not done it before so I really didn't know.  It frustrated her to no end.  Then about two years later she started playing wow and knew what I had been talking about.  I'm actually going to try and get her to play the next SW game with me. 

4.  PvP
     While I have never been a big time PvPer, this guild got me into it.  Mostly because there was nothing else going on sometimes and I love killing things.  Ark, you were the worst at keeping me online playing when I really needed to be doing other things.  "Imps trying to take over Restuess, come help" that was what normally got me.  Then there we were, Ark, Bran, Isskito, and several others all just waiting for an imp to cross the line.  During this time I bounced my respecs all around, from Jedi, to Commando, to Officer, back to Jedi, and finally back to Commando.  Vent was always fun to listen to and we always had a great time killing the imps.  There was also one time around I believe Mos Espa that we had set up on a hiltop and vent became like mild radio chatter for the military.  Traps were set, long range rifles pulled out and signals as to when to switch to shorter range carbines.  It was funny just listening to it, once everything kicked off.

These are just some of the memories I have with this guild, and so many more.  Like when I was leveling Jecan up in crafting and the lakamor's gave me access to their house to help me out, or Ark and I dueling just so he could test his new clothing attachments out.  All of these things kept me in not only in game but with KOTOR.  I stopped playing when my life got hectic and then I depolyed again, but I have still dropped in and said hey from time to time.  I am in game now with the 45 days from sony, but I doubt that I'll continue after that.  I am awaiting SWTOR as I know you all are, and I look forward to seeing some old faces once the game launches.  Until then; Take care Knights.
Timmy

Arkady

• SW:TOR Officer
  • Kotor Officer
  • Official KOTOR Asshole
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »
here ya go timmah: http://swg.nexgengamers.com/index.php?topic=140.0

since i know you're bored in alaska, that's a collection of some of our other member's favorite moments
SWTOR Forum: MrKaizer
XBOX Live: MoonMasterShake

Timone

• Administrator
  • Flick Your Bic!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
Thanks Ark.  I thought there was a post on this but didn't have much time to look for it.
Timmy

Timone

• Administrator
  • Flick Your Bic!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:54:40 PM »
Oh yeah after reading those, and remembering a few others I know why I love this guild.  Thanks to everyone for the great memories and hope to make some new ones with you in in SWTOR.
Timmy

Breetai

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »
Funnest thing for me, My best memories with KOTOR was when I was not even in KOTOR, but in CSR instead. I didnt join KOTOR until after the NGE ( was playing since launch ) which I tried like 4 or 5 times, but I just could not ever get back into the game again.

One of the few things I remember most of SWG period, was Haydee and myself ( during CU ) was out base busting alone. It was a slow night, and Haydee sent me a tell asking if i wasnt doing anything she could use my help. SO I went and meet up with her on Talus ( i think it was ), and we went around just taken out bases. We wiped so many times, but just the 2 of us, we destroyed 4 or 5 bases, which is a damn good feat if you ask me.
Breetia lvl 50 Assassin
Drannin lvl 25 Mercenary
Phalan lvl 11 Juggernaut
Zorprime lvl 10 Operative
Retired
SWG Breetai lvl 90 elder jedi (KOTOR), WoW Breetai lvl 70 warrior (SiNS), LoTRO Breetai lvl 60 Captian (LoMK), Rift Breetai lvl 50 warrior (KoS)

Iadao

• Kotor Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 03:07:52 PM »
Hmm funniest moments, Haydee kicking someone after an inappropriate joke (I still remember both the joke and the person), Frank snapping after a few of us failed to kill off aNtI-hErO as he did /forcerun3 across Dantooine through a collection of imperial bases where the NPCs shot our speeders out from under us, and well, every Darkvicious is a faction-flopper joke ever.

Matt

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 03:34:32 AM »
I don't unserstand the last phrase lol

MiagePadre

• Kotor Member
  • Animals as Leaders
    • BW:RHR
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 10:20:34 AM »
Drunken vent... talking about Deshka's mom and mac-n-cheese.

RIFT - FETT ~  SWG - Miage, Shinzou, Devin ~ WoW (6 accounts, so don't ask)
... also played: LotRO, WAR, DAOC, EQ2, DC, STO, etc.,...

Timone

• Administrator
  • Flick Your Bic!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »
Reading these forums from time to time is also very interesting.
Timmy

Castle

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 09:00:47 PM »
Frank snapping after a few of us failed to kill off aNtI-hErO as he did /forcerun3 across Dantooine through a collection of imperial bases where the NPCs shot our speeders out from under us

hahaha I was on tilt quite a bit back then... I would blame it on the booze but... nawww..