Author Topic: Cruise Ship work  (Read 1030 times)

amos trask

• Kotor Member
  • calling in commando kitty
Cruise Ship work
« on: October 19, 2011, 12:29:30 AM »
Personal question, and you can pm if it applys to you but has anybody worked on a cruise ship before? I have always been interested in trying this out and I find myself in a funk with my current job (there is no way to rise in the ranks atm) I am just checking with all my networking groups if anyone can give me insite into the workings of such a career.

I make a furious cup of cat

Brian

• Kotor Member
  • Giggidy giggidy
Re: Cruise Ship work
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
Never worked on one but I recently went on a cruise with my wife and we got friendly with some of the crew there

They have it pretty rough depending on what section you are assigned to, on carnival cruise line you have to sign a 7 or 9 month contract. If you get an asshole passanger that goes to the consierge(sp ?) and complains they usually take it out of your pay, because that passange will be refunded the cost of room service
The Artist formerly known as Bryon Darksabre

amos trask

• Kotor Member
  • calling in commando kitty
Re: Cruise Ship work
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 08:06:33 AM »
Thanks Brian, yea I know its going to be long hours and little pay, mostly everything customer service/ hospitality is but that was a suprise hearing about the deduction of pay. thanks for letting me into that insite.

I make a furious cup of cat