Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 3161 times)

Grammaton

• Kotor Member
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »
I wish I could try it out this weekend. But this is rent paycheck right after we came back from vacation... so no beta for me :(

Science

• Kotor Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 08:44:38 AM »
I'll be in it for sure.  The beta weekends gave me some good impressions.  Just a few:

There's actually skill involved, for one thing.  For example, the warrior has a leap-charge, but it doesn't automatically land on your target.  You have to familiarize yourself with the leap's trajectory and actually aim, no "target circles" on the ground telling you where you're going to land.  The playing fields are balanced, especially in battlegrounds where everyone is bumped up to max level, with all class skills and the top tier gear. 

COMBOS.  Not only can you combo moves of your own, you can combo them off of other players.  For example, if someone sets the ground on fire and you shoot an arrow through the fire, your arrows gain the fire effect. 

CLUSTERFUCK PVP.  Ever since SWG I've been trying to find that crazy open world pvp that we used to do.  WAR almost pulled it off, WOW has it in small doses, but GW2 has potential for the long strategic open world battles.   

PUBLIC QUESTS.  So we've seen the public quests in Rift and WAR, but GW2 has streamlined the process to where people are actually motivated to work together.  There's no mob stealing or "contribution ratio."  Just walk in and join the fun. 

I didn't do any dungeons, but from what I've read there are no level restrictions for grouping.  High level players and low level ones can group.  So, a slow leveler like me can actually participate and contribute  ;D

Sorrow's Furnace still the planned server?

Durik

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »
yup I plan on playing on Sorrow's Furnace still at release, but I may or may not be able to be active yet still dealing w/ the move and looking for work.

Durik

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 04:54:44 PM »
6 days to go, I'll be Durik Lakmor on Sorrow's Furnace

Criston

• Kotor Member
  • Old-School KOTOR Member/H.C.
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 11:39:01 PM »
I'm Alaster Ki on Henge of Denravi

LIKE A VOSS

"Fuckin' asshats" - Brian

nerv

• Kotor Member
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 06:51:42 PM »
im sooo jelly right now sci ill buy the game next week lol

Durik

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »
One thing to keep in mind you can guest on any server the server you choose is only tied to wvw this includes guilds you belong to you can be in more than one across multiple servers if someone wants to set one up for us

Arkk

• Kotor Member
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 10:41:25 PM »
Did you guys pick an official server, or are you just all over the place?   Seems like is the Jade whatever so far.

Criston

• Kotor Member
  • Old-School KOTOR Member/H.C.
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »
I'm on Henge of Denravi

LIKE A VOSS

"Fuckin' asshats" - Brian

Cooraan

• Kotor Member
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 08:03:26 PM »
So the dungeons in this game are probably the most difficult of any MMO I've played.

Durik

• Kotor Officer
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 09:39:40 AM »
Have you tried exploration mod yet supposed to be crazy harder than story

Cooraan

• Kotor Member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »
Yeah I've done an AC explorer run. It's not too bad if you get a group who knows what to do, and if they're quick with the dodge roll.